Conquering The Spirit of Distraction
To become distracted is to be drawn away from the attention of your original position, goal, purpose, direction, or interest. In Joshua 8:15-19, Joshua used distraction as a method of ambush against the men of Ai. “They will pursue us until we have lured them away from the city, for they will say, ‘They are running away from us as they did before.’ So when we flee from them, you are to rise up from ambush and take the city.”
Likewise, the enemy uses distraction to ambush us and draw us away from our peace, purpose,, strength, safety, and destiny. Often distractions will appear as noble deeds and good works. Before we realize what’s happening, we find ourselves overwhelmed and too weak to resist the concentration of the enemy’s attacks, for we neglected to maintain our spiritual strength, because we were distracted by burdens that God never meant for us to carry.
“There is beauty in hiddeness. There is beauty in stillness. When we have too much traffic coming in and out of our lives we open ourselves up to warfare that God never intended for us to encounter.”
How to Overcome Distraction
Yeshua must be the focal point of our lives “…Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself as having taken hold of this. But this one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal for the reward of the upward calling of God in Messiah Yeshua.” (Philippians 3:13-14).
The enemy’s job is to distract our attention away from God so that we would become weak and vulnerable concerning spiritual matters. Below are a few strategies that will aide us in conquering the spirit of distraction.
- Maintain an abounding love relationship with God (Matthew 22:37)
- Purse intimacy with Messiah (Luke 10:38-41)
- Maintain a lifestyle of worship (John 4:24)
- Seek God’s direction in all matters (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Develop a fervent prayer life (Luke 18:1)
- Attend fellowship regularly (Hebrews 10:25)
- Read God’s word with understanding (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Serve with humility (Acts 6:1-4)
- Exercise your spiritual gifts ( 1 Timothy 4:14)
- Abide in God’s secret place (Psalms 91)
- Maintain undivided focus (Isaiah 50:7)
Prayers to Conquer The Spirit of Distraction
- In the name of Yeshua, every assignment of the enemy against my life is canceled.
- In the name of Yeshua, let the secret counsel of the wicked be turned into foolishness. (Psalm 64:2)
- In the name of Yeshua, no weapon formed against me shall prosper. The gates and plans of hell shall not prevail against me.
- In the name of Yeshua, I overcome every strategy of hell against my life.
- In the name of Yeshua, every strategy of hell is exposed and brought to light.
- In the name of Yeshua, I receive the plans of God for my life, thoughts of peace and not evil to bring me to an expected end.
- In the name of Yeshua, I am delivered from every satanic trap and plot against my life.
- In the name of Yeshua, Lord please release Your whirlwind to scatter those who would conspire against me. Let those who devise my hurt be turned back and brought to confusion.
- In the name of Yeshua, I destroy the assignment of the spirit of distraction. Every assignment that is meant to derail me and my focus is obliterated in the name of Yeshua (Nehemiah 6:1–6).
- In the name of Yeshua, I shall not be distracted, I shall fulfill all that Father God has ordained concerning me. (Psalms 139:16)